If you’re looking for a high-end, 100% stainless steel dish rack- then the Rohan dish drainer is for you.
Despite the Rohan dish rack being out of stock for quite some time, we were finally able to purchase one.
At the time of this writing, and just about all consumer products… prices are rising! It seems global supplies are running short of certain materials and raising prices. The official website for this product states:
This item is back in stock. Unfortunately, there has been a huge increase in ocean shipping costs. We are absorbing some of the cost increase but we still have to pass some of it on to our customers. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding. Even at the increased cost, this is still a great value with our lifetime warranty and the only 100% stainless steel product on the market.
Hopefully, this issue is temporary, and the price will come back down in the future.
Price of the Zojila Rohan Drainer
When writing this article, Zojila is pricing the dish rack at $104.95 plus shipping. Due to the product shortages, it is hard to find it elsewhere, including Amazon.com.
We bought ours directly from Zojila and recommend you do the same.
This is one seriously impressive dish rack! Here are some of the main features:
- Cleans Easy – Since the Rohan dish rack is made out of stainless steel, it can handle heavy-duty cleaning and will not rust. We will go over cleaning more later in this article.
- Lasts a Lifetime – The company backs the dish drainer up with a lifetime warranty. Although, you must register with the company for the warranty to be valid.
- 100% Stainless Steel – As we already stated, this unit is made out of 100% stainless steel (304 or 18-8 stainless steel). The entire Rohan rack is made out of this material aside from the rubber leg covers. These are what help prevent scratches on your countertop. Using stainless is also essential for preventing mold, which can happen with silicone and plastic dish drainers. Also, an interesting trivia question; “Rohan” in Zoroastrian means “the finest steel.”
- Hygienic – Zojila designed the Rohan dish rack not to hold water. The water drips into a bottom tray and gets funneled to the center. Then down into your sink.
- USA Based labor – Zojila uses USA-based labor to make the Rohan drainer rack. Although it is not a 100% USA product, they get materials from China.
- Easy to Customize – If you need some additional features you can add on extra components like the extra cutlery holder (Zojila Palena utensil tray), and sponge holder (Zojila Khiva sponge holder).
- Patented Design – Currently hold US patents; D473,359 S: D467,399 S
- Weight – 7.4 lbs (3.35 kilograms) plus around three pounds in shipping materials.
- Dimensions – 7.5″ tall, 18″ wide, and 13.5″ length. This is taken with the dish rack sitting on the drainboard.
Videos on the Rohan Dish Rack
This video is by the Zojila company and will take you through unboxing the Rohan drainer and setting it up. We had to make only one adjustment: slightly bending the tray and legs to get them to sit flush on the counter. This sounds a bit odd to have to do. But, as the video shows, it is pretty easy to do and not hard at all.
While you would hope Zojila would straighten these parts out before sending them to customers. And it is something we feel we shouldn’t have to do with a high-end product.
Although it is possible that the product could get bent during shipping and has nothing to do with the Zojila.
Once you have the dish drainer set up, this next video will help you understand all the parts and how to take care of it.
Overall, you will be impressed with the versatility and quality of the Rohan dish rack.
Cleaning the Rohan Dish Drainer
If you want the dish rack to last a long time, it is most important to keep it clean.
These are current recommendations for cleaning:
- If you have “soft” water you can just wash or wipe with dish soap as needed
- If you have “hard” water you will have more work to do to keep this unit clean:
- Use Bar Keepers or Zud cleaner regularly (can usually be found at most local hardware stores)
- Leave a papertowel soaked with vinegar on the drainboard overnight to dissovle buildup
- Use a scotchbrite pad and dry-brush the drainboard in the direction of the stainless steel grain
- Soak every part of the Rohan dish rack in CLR once a month (can use your sink or soaking tub)
- Dishwasher safe except for the rubber feet covers to allow for easier cleaning
Unfortunately for us, we have well-water that uses a water softener. Well-water often causes water spots due to calcium buildup. Some people confuse the calcium buildup with rust, but stainless steel does not rust.
Our first test was to use Bar Keepers Friend in a spray bottle to see how well of a job that did.
Here is the cleaning solution we used. We bought the microfiber towel and Bar Keepers spray at Amazon.com as a package.
So as you can see from the above pictures. The spray cleaner does seem to make the drainboard look better. But, to get the water spots off, we will need to soak the unit or try using a scouring pad. We will update this page once that is complete to share the results.
Overall, the spray is quick and easy and does seem worth it. Just don’t expect perfection.
This is a high-end dish rack that we recommend. Virtually unmatched in quality, being all stainless steel.
The size is the only caveat we would place on the Rohan dish drainer. It is relatively small if you have a large family and lots of dishes. It has seemed to be the perfect size for two people, though.
You could always add another unit if you needed a larger space for drying dishes. Have one on each side of your sink. Although, this would not be cheap.
You can also customize it with the added options. So, overall it’s very versatile.
If you take care of the Zojila Rohan dish rack drainer, it will last a lifetime. You could even pass it on to other family members. This is not possible with most products on the market today.
View the Zojila Rohan Owner’s manual PDF.