as a dog owner, you might be concerned about whether snake plant plays nice with your furry friend.
Snake plants contain a chemical component called calcium oxalate crystals. These are found in plant leaves and can be harmful if ingested by dogs or cats.
Toxicity levels of snake plants for dogs are mild to moderate. Though not the most hazardous plant, caution is necessary, as ingesting large amounts can be harmful.
Dogs consuming leaves with saponins may experience hypersalivation, dilated pupils, and gastrointestinal distress. Severe cases may involve nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.